Monday, December 29, 2008

Say Happy New Year with a Lunch Tea!


Christmas is officially three days past. If your plans for a Christmas gathering never came to pass--like mine, there is still time for a holiday celebration.

This coming Saturday, I'm having a New Year "girls only" family celebration. My mom, aunt, and grandmother will be coming to relax, have lunch, and witness the snowman "invasion." (There will be more on that in a future post--stay tuned!)

My menu is simple and economical, but delicious. Here's the rundown:

Creamy Tomato Soup
Homemade Mini Quiches
Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches
Tossed Salad (my aunt's contribution)
Mini Blueberry Scones
Tea or Coffee

Each day this week I'll be posting recipes--and most of them will have step-by-step photos in homage to Pioneer Woman, who is both inspiring and approachable.

Spending time with the most important women in my life--what a great way to start 2009! bjh

No comments: